Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dip Belt Weight Rack

Loading up weights on to a dip belt can be a bit of a hassle if you're using more than one plate. I realized this when I did a chin up session consisting of ramping singles and had to do a lot of weight changing between sets. My solution was to build a rack to hold the weights for me. This makes getting the belt on and off easier and makes loading the weights on to the belt a lot easier.

Cost: less than $5
Project time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: You have to cut off a piece of 2x4 wood and drill holes in it.

Tools Needed:
  • Drill
  • Saw to cut wood (I used a normal hand saw)
  • Screwdriver (you can use your drill)
Materials Needed:
  • One 2x4 stud (8 ft. long)
  • Some 2 1/2 inch deck screws (I like the T-25 star head)
  • Wood Glue (optional)

This is yet another project I built from scrap wood. You need only a single 2x4 stud (8ft. long). and some wood screws. If you don't have a dip belt, check out the Project Index for that project.



- Carl

1 comment:

  1. My solution was to build a rack to hold the weights for me.You can also visit: http://tiny.cc/belt-rack-hanger-

    ReplyDelete