Monday, April 30, 2012

Loading Pin

This is my idea for the simplest cheapest loading pin that I could come up with. A commercial loading pin is around $50. There are DIY options out there using pipe that would probably run around $25. My design is a bit unorthodox but it's less than $10 and it functions well enough for what's I have used it for. I mean, for that which I have used it. It requires basically no work and thus no time to make, besides the time spent buying the materials from the store.


Cost: less than $10
Project time: A few seconds
Difficulty: There is basically no work to be done at all.

Tools Needed:
  • Functional Human Body
Materials Needed:
  • 3 feet (about 1 meter) of Chain
  • 1 Carabiner

I know this is a bit unorthodox and perhaps for some applications this won't be a good option but for many it will work just as well as a normal loading pin.


Just one additional note that I didn't mention in the video. Instead of using extra plates to sit the rig on, you could use a couple small lengths of wood, like 2x4s. But really that's not even needed unless you're loading quite a bit of weight, like over 90 lbs.

- Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment